PM701 Benchtop Deluxe Mortiser
The new POWERMATIC® PM701 Benchtop Mortiser features an in-line depth stop which allows the user to stop at preset depths without racking the mortiser bit to the base. Its heavy-duty reversible handle is so versatile that it can be changed from one side to the other quickly and easily and requires no tools to do so. The stock hold down features a specially designed double lock system. One locks from the side, the other locks from the top, to completely eliminate any slippage when removing the chisel from the work piece. This hold-down is also reversible to allow stock from 0 to 5″ thick to be captured underneath it. The new POWERMATIC® 701 Benchtop Mortiser has a quick-action cam lock that will quickly lock the fence into position with one 90° movement. This lock also features lock nuts, so once set they will not have to be continually adjusted. Set-up has never been easier or more precise. The new POWERMATIC® 701 Benchtop Mortiser features an integrated bit and chisel spacer system. These two spacers are used to accurately and quickly account for the space needed between the bit and chisel during set-up. Large work surfaces in the table and fence allow for more stability and accurate cuts. The new mortiser also includes a large hinged chuck door with magnetic catch. This unique element allows the user to easily access the drill chuck with the standard 4″ chuck key to lock the bit in place. In addition, its rack and pinion allow for simple and quick fence adjustments.
- In-line depth stop allows stopping at pre-set depths without racking the bit to the base
- Heavy-duty reversible handle can be installed to either side of the head without tools
- Stock hold-down with a double lock system, top and side, to eliminate slippage of workpiece
- Quick action cam lock will quickly lock fence in position with one 90Â° movement
- 2 integrated bit and chisel spacers for quick set up
- Large work surfaces on both table and fence for greater stability and accuracy
- Large, hinged chuck door with magnetic catch for rapid access to the chuck
- Rack and pinion design for simple fence adjustments
- Standard Equipment:
- Integrated chisel and tool holder with sharpening stone
- 1/2″ drill chuck with 4″ chuck key
- Removable safety switch key
- Style (Type) Benchtop
- Chisel Capacity (In.) N.A.
- Chisel Center to Fence (In.) 4-3/8
- Chisel Shank Capacity (In.) 3/4
- Chisel Stroke Maximum (In.) 5-1/2
- Bushing Size (In.) 5/8, 3/4
- Chuck Size (In.) 1/2
- Spindle Speed (RPM) 1,725
- Spindle Taper N.A.
- Table Size (L x W) (In.) 11 x 13
- Table Tilt (Deg.) N.A.
- Fence Size (L x H) (In.) 2-5/8 x 12-1/2
- Base Size (In.) 16-5/16 x 13-3/4
- Motor Power (HP) 3/4
- Motor Voltage (V.) 115/230
- Motor Phase 1
- Prewired Voltage (V.) 115
- Motor Current (Amps) 8/4
Model #: 1791310
MWW Item #: 88025
This item is not currently available for online ordering. If you would like to do an internet transaction, email email@example.com
and you will be invoiced and can submit payment electronically at your convenience.